Return to Headlines(29)
PMSD swimmers bring home 4 medals from District 11 competition
Congratulations to the Pocono Mountain East and West swim teams for their accomplishments at the District XI championships in February.
District swimmers earned 4 medals: 3 from East and 1 from West.
- PM East Senior Benjamin Gonzalez won 2 medals with a 4th place finish in the 200 meter Freestyle and a 2nd place finish in the 500 meter Freestyle. In addition to earning the medals, Benjamin set new school records in each event. He held the previous records in both events.
- PM West Junior Tyler Mui earned 4th place in the 100 meter Breaststroke.
- PM East Sophomore Victoria Fenn earned 4th place in the 100 Freestyle, setting a new school record by breaking her old record.
In addition to the medal winners, the following students succeeded in their individual races:
- PM East Senior Nevaeh Williams placed 14th in the 200 meter Individual Medley and 10th in 100 meter Freestyle.
- PM East Senior Adam Grum place 21st in the 100 meter Breaststroke.
- PM East Sophomore Andrea Gasgonia: 19th in 500 Freestyle.
- Fenn also placed 5th in the 100 meter Backstroke.
- Mui placed 8th in the 200 meter Individual Medley and set a new school record, breaking his previous record.
- PM West Freshman Mychaela Dunham placed 24th in the 200 meter Individual Medley and 16th in the 100 meter Backstroke, setting a new school record for West. The previous record was held by Liz Jordan from 2008.
- PM West Freshman Brandon Poveromo place 20th in the 500 meter Freestyle.
The District's relay teams swam hard earning the following finishes:
- Girls 200 Medley - East 11th place; West 12th place
- Boys 200 Medley - East 12th place; West 16th place
- Girls 200 Freestyle - East 11th place; West 12th place
- Boys 200 Freestyle - East 13th place; West 9th place
- Girls 400 Freestyle - West 11th place
- Boys 400 Freestyle - East 10th place; West 9th place