Return to HeadlinesWhereas the District recognizes an all‐weather track provides a resource for the entire community, the following guidelines are in place to provide appropriate and responsible access to such District owned property:
School Board amends Policy #707 to allow for public use of all-weather tracks
The School Board unanimously approved an addendum to Policy #707, Use of Facilities, that outlines the guidelines for public use of the all-weather tracks on the Swiftwater and Sullivan Trail campuses at the Pocono Mountain School District Board of Education meeting on May 17.
With the new guidelines in place, the tracks will reopen for public use beginning on May 23.
The addendum that will be incorporated into the policy is as follows:
- District all‐weather tracks are available for recreational, non‐commercial use by members of the community.
- Times of community use are daily from dawn to dusk.
- Tracks may NOT be utilized by community members during curricular‐related student activities and athletic activities such as games and practices.
- Items such as sports drinks, carbonated beverages, chewing gum, candy, sunflower seeds and other similar foods or drinks are prohibited on the track.
- Roller blades, roller skates, skate boards, bicycles, scooters or other similarly wheeled items are not permitted on the track.
- Community users must deposit all trash into the appropriate trash receptacle(s) on site.
- Use of the track is prohibited when snow or ice‐covered.
- Wearing of spikes is prohibited.
- Young children must be supervised at all times.
- No animals except service animals are permitted.
- Use of the track facility does not grant the community permission to use all‐purpose turf facilities. Use of turf facilities must be obtained through a Facilities Use Request.
- All users must refrain from engaging in any activity that could cause damage to the track or field.
- Use of any form of tobacco, e‐cigarettes or vaping products is prohibited.
- Possession, use or distribution of illegal drugs and/or alcoholic beverages is prohibited.
- Possession of weapons is prohibited on all district‐owned property.