EHS students bring home 6 awards from Art Show
Pocono Mountain East High School student artists brought home six awards from the 24th Annual Pocono Arts Council Juried Student Art Show at the ARTSPACE Gallery in Stroudsburg.
Student from nine area schools competed in the art show sponsored by NEPA Credit Union. The students’ artwork will remain on display for the public to view through February 17.
Pocono Mountain award winners are as follows:
- Senior Danielle Kunkel earned a First Place award for her 2-D Works, Smoke Break, and a Second Place finish for her 3-D Works in the Sculptural/Non-functional category, Balanced Diet.
- Senior Victoria Kunkel earned a First Place award for her 3-D Works in the Sculptural/Non-functional category, Chicken Breasts.
- Sophomore Melinda Alexander earned a First Place award for her 3-D Works in the Fine Crafts category, Zheng Xinyen.
- Sophomore Halona Zheng earned a Second Place finish for her 3-D Works in the Fine Crafts category, Rice Bowl.
- Junior Diego Netzahuati-Luna earned a Third Place award for his Photography entry, Bee.
The following PM East student have their works of art on exhibit for the public to view at the ARTSPACE Gallery on 18 North Seventh Street in Stroudsburg: Melinda Alexander (grade 10), Angela Bradley (grade 9), Amelio Cintron (grade 11), Brianna Cook (Grade 10), Annika Eben (grade 12), Juliana Evans (grade 11), Anna Fazekas (grade 12), Samantha Gallo (grade 12), Deanna Hoffner (grade 9), Danielle Kunkel (grade 12), Victoria Kunkel (grade 12), Samantha Lopez (grade 12), Diego Netzahuati-Luna (grade 11), Esperanza Oliva (grade 10), Angeline Richline (grade 9), Jonaira South (grade 11), Lirit Stevens (grade 11), and Halona Zheng (grade 10).