2018-2019 Music Department Dates
Monday, October 22 from 3-9pm – District Chorus Auditions at Parkland HS (select students only)
Wednesday, November 7 all day with concert at 7:30pm – County Chorus at East Stroudsburg South HS (selected students only)
Wednesday, December 6 from 2:30-5:00pm – after school rehearsal for all choirs
Friday, December 7 at 7:00pm (warmups at 6:15) - Winter Chorus Concert
Friday, December 14 at 7:00pm - Winter Band Concert
Wednesday, December 19 at 6:00pm – Music Honor Society Induction
Friday, December 21 at 7:00pm (warm-ups at 6:15) – Snow Date for Winter Concerts
Thursday, January 17 from 2:30-6:00pm – after school rehearsal for all ensembles
Friday, January 18 at 7:00pm (warm-ups at 6:15) – Prism Concert
Wednesday, January 30 at 7:00pm (warm-ups at 6:15) - Snow Date for Prism Concert
Friday, Saturday, & Sunday, March 29, 30, 31 - Spring Musical: “Pippin”
Saturday, April 27 – Jazz Fest
Wednesday, May 1 from 2:30-5:00pm – after school rehearsal for all choirs
Friday, May 3 at 7:00pm (warm-ups at 6:15) – Spring Chorus Concert
Friday, May 10 at 7:00pm - Spring Band Concert
Wednesday, May 29 at 7:00pm – Music Honor Society Senior Recital
Contact Mrs. Stein at email@example.com for more information on our vocal music department.
The Vocal Music Department at PMEHS offers many experiences for our students who are interested in singing. The choirs perform a variety of repertoire in many styles and from many cultures, including classical, pop, spiritual, gospel, 20th century, folk, and many others. Our primary goal is to learn to appreciate and respect music of many genres and singers of all kinds.
Our choral groups perform at three concerts throughout the school year: the Winter Holiday Concert in December, the Prism Concert in February, and the Spring Concert in May.
- We have two concert choirs that meet during the school day. 9th and 10th Grade Chorus meets in period 1, and 11th and 12th Grade Chorus meets in period 9. The concert choirs sing music in a variety of styles and levels of difficulty, and work hard to incorporate the highest levels of musicianship into their daily practice and performances.
- The Show Choir and Girls Show Choir are extracurricular, auditioned ensembles of around 16-24 members. The Show Choirs rehearse 3 hours a week after school. This group sings mostly pop music and learns challenging choreography to their songs. Auditions are held annually in September and students must be in the concert choir to be eligible to audition.
- For more information on Choir or Show Choir, contact Mrs. Stein at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Music Electives Offered
- Piano Skills is a beginning piano class. Students learn the basics of music theory and piano technique, learn piano repertoire, and perform at two recitals. This class also serves as a prerequisite for Music Major.
- Music Major is for the more serious music student. The class focuses on more in-depth music theory as well as music history from the Medieval to the 20th century. Prerequisite: one semester of Piano Skills or one year in Concert Choir or Concert Band.
- Each year, many of the departments in the school combine to put on the spring musical. It is open to all students in the high school. Auditions are held annually in December or January, and the show is performed in early spring. Contact Dr. Currie at email@example.com for more information.